Compensation Information


Board Members' Compensation

Directors receive compensation for attendance at regular and special meetings of the Board at a rate of $175 for each day. Board members are compensated at the rate of $125 per day for each committee meeting or when attending a conference or seminar for which they have received prior approval from the Board.  Additionally, Board Members may be appointed to attend meetings of other public agencies or associations of agencies (see FPPC Form 806, Report of Public Official Appointments below this paragraph to view District appointments). The maximum number of days in any calendar month for which compensation is authorized to be paid to a member of the Board is ten (10) per month, with a maximum of 120  (120) days in a calendar year.  Total compensation received by each Board Member is shown in the attached State Controller’s report. 

Board Committee Appointments - Form 806- 2-1-17

Employee Compensation

Employee compensation is set annually by the Board (effective July 1st for General Employees and General Manager).  The General Manager is a salaried employee and is not eligible for overtime pay, all other employees are hourly employees and are eligible for overtime pay.

All employees receive benefits that include:

  • District paid health, dental and life insurance for themselves and one dependent (the cost of additional dependents is paid by the employee); this is non-taxable compensation.
  • Current members of CalPERS or an agency with CalPERS will be enrolled in the 2% @ 60 retirement program and contribute 2% of salary to CalPERS; the District pays the employer rate of 7.2% and the member contribution rate of 4% for a total of 11.20%.
  • New members who are not a member of any California public retirement system before January 1, 2013 will be enrolled in the 2% @62 retirement program and contribute 6.250% of salary to CalPERS; the District pays the employer rate of 6.533%
  • 2 weeks of vacation after 1 year of service; 3 weeks of vacation after 5 years of service and 4 weeks of vacation after 15 years of service; this is taxable compensation.
  • 11 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday of the employee's choice; this is taxable compensation

The General Manager’s compensation includes the use of a District vehicle for commuting from/to her residence as well as one additional week of vacation in addition to the two weeks that all employees would normally accrue based upon a similar length of service; these benefits are taxable compensation.

Special compensation is paid to the Operations Manager, Water Distribution Operator III and Water Distribution Operator II related to Standby Pay, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance and District-Provided Housing.  The Uniform Allowance, Holiday Pay and Stand-By Pay are taxable compensation and reported to CalPERS for purposes of determining total compensation.  Overtime pay is taxable, but it is not reportable to CalPERS for total compensation determination.  Additionally, for security and response time purposes, the Superintendent and Distribution Worker I reside in residences located on District property; the value of this benefit is non-taxable to the employee and is not used in determining total CalPERS compensation.

Shown on the tables below are a summary listing of the total compensation (salaries and taxable and non-taxable benefits) for employees and board members. A detailed breakdown of this information is shown in files underlined below (click on them and they will open in a separate window):  

Current Employees & Board Member Compensation

Organizational Chart (pdf)
2017 Compensation Information (Effective 7/1/17) pdf
2016 Total Compensation - Employee & Board Members (pdf)
2015 Total Compensation - Employee & Board Members (pdf)
2014 Total Compensation - Employees & Board Members (pdf)
2013 Total Compensation - Employees & Board Members (pdf)
2012 Total Compensation - Employees & Board Members (pdf)
2011 Total Compensation - Employees & Board Members (pdf)
2010 Total Compensation - Employees & Board Members (pdf)